Planning Galore - Home Planning Galore - About Planning Galore - Printables Planning Galore - Contact

Monday, May 6, 2013

My Personal Planner with Free Templates! (Part 2)

Hello all! We're all back again for Part 2, for discussing my blog planner and miscellaneous lists! If you missed out on the first part, you can read it here: My Personal Planner with Free Templates! (Part 1).

A blog planner is an important part of a blog, at least for me. It keeps me organized and on track with what I need to do and the posts I want to publish. I have two actual pages that I made for my planner, and then separate sheets to write down extra notes.


My blog calendar is a very important part of my blog; number one in fact. I schedule my posts here, at least a month ahead of time. It is good for when I need to take a quick glance at what I am going to post for the week, reminds me of what to write, and it lets me take a larger look on my posting schedule and topics, to see if I have a variety. I already have a schedule of what type of topics I am posting on each day; which is Mondays, I post (or will try to) printable templates with either a blog post along with it or not. Wednesdays will be for tips, tricks, or DIY projects, and lastly Fridays are miscellaneous, for whatever else that comes across that doesn't fit into those first two topics! I might even post on other days, for example I am planning on doing a post on Mother's Day (which is this coming Sunday).

So as you can see, this blog calendar is a priority for those of you who want to plan your blog.


This next page is where I brainstorm my posts, I have just a lined sheet of paper where I list my possible ideas and future topics, but this page is where the magic happens. I write down my original idea (the one I thought up), and then below has a possible title I would want to put... sometimes it is the same as my idea, and other times it is completely different. After I have a few lines to plan out and write what I could possible post. I will write a summary or just some brief words to remind me when I am writing my posts. Usually once I write something down I can remember it forever, but at least it's there if I need it. Also I put a scheduled question, and then the date that it is scheduled for. I didn't include this in my sheet (which for my next one I need to include), but I write a 'T' next to the ones that I am including a template with (like this one for example).

I also have another blank sheet of paper with the planner theme I am working on. I write down all the colors and fonts I'm using (for future reference, just in case). After I write down what content I want to include (checking them off as I make them) and a place to write down when I plan to release them.

I am going to release the first of my new planner set next week!

Lists, I love lists, and that is why I have a section for them.


I also love music, so that's why I made a list for that! I always forget what music I want to download, so a list is a perfect place to keep track of that for me. It has a place for the title (either a whole album or just one song), and then the artists name. Then as I am going to go download songs, rather than think... "What was that song I wanted to download?" BAM, it is right there in my list.


This one is basically a shopping list, but for more than just food. It gives you a place to write what item you need to buy, where you can buy it, why you need to buy it (because if there isn't a good reason... you don't need it!), and then an average price that you either find online or in an ad, or just the maximum amount you're willing to spend. It gives you a good look at all the things that you need or want to buy. And since you write down where you could buy it, you can group up all of those things when you are going to one of the stores (say a drug store), and get them all at once... if you have the money.


Now this one is a silly one, I know, but I wanted a place to record things that my boyfriend says, or that I say (because I say some pretty ridiculous things!). This one is pretty self explanatory .. you write the date, then what was said and by whom.

Now I have a few extra pages in this section... mostly because I didn't have a proper section for them, YET!


This isn't one of your general expense trackers, it is just for me to keep track of the expenses that can be applied for tax deductions, so food and entertainment aren't tracked (which is what we spend most of our money on :P). I have tried to keep track and cut down on our spending, but we love to enjoy life, not stress about it. So I have categories of what can be deducted, and a few spaces below to put down what and where things were bought. I also keep all of those receipts in a folder... somewhere....


Then I have my project planning worksheets, which helps me plan out different projects that I'm working on... whether it be for school or personal reasons. There is a space to write the project title, what it is for, and then a date started and ended space. Then you have a place for description and notes, maybe writing what in general there is to do, when it is due or when you want to be done with it, and other things like that. A supplies list for all the supplies that you think you will need, and a place to check them off if you have them. There is also a brainstorming section, when you plan out which way you want to proceed with the project. If you already know exactly what is going to be done, you don't need to use this for that, you can use it for something else! Maybe drawing a picture of the finished project. Lastly, there is a to do list, to write down what steps need to be done to complete the project.

There you have it, my last few sections described to you! I plan on making more sheets, maybe to revamp my planner, or add to it, and I will share it with you all as I do it. I hope you like my planner. :)

Here are a few more printables that I promised.. again as I said in Part 1, I had to change the font because the one I used for my planner is only for personal use. If you want the font it's called CK Jot from Creating Keepsakes

Project Planner

Thing to Buy Page

Blog Calendar

If you have any questions about any of my pages please feel free to contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment